My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

Like a particularly notorious child's tantrums, a mountaneous river's intemperance, a volcano's reckless carelessness and the dreamy eyes of a caged bird, imagination tries to fly unfettered. Hesitant as she takes those first steps, she sculpts those ambitious yet half baked earthen pots.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ishtiaaq

For the benefit of those who are not familiar with Urdu (like me), Ishtiaaq means a longing, a craving, a desire. I have been thinking of doing something like this for quiet some time now. During the last few years, I have come across such literary material (in English, Hindi and Urdu), that it has almost swept me from my feet more than once. I have admired the finesse with which the most eloquent minds express themselves. I have been floored by the exact, almost incisive observations of those piercing eyes. I have loved the spiritual trance with which the words written by such geniuses dance and sway. I have felt small, almost insignificant, in the presence of the soulful music which takes shape from the myriad combinations of amazingly beautiful words. I have longed for even a fraction of such a talent. I have pined for their ability of seeing beauty in sadness. It has been a lifelong Ishtiaaq. This blog, in my small way, is a tribute to such transcendental beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home